By ticking the ‘I Agree’ box set out below, I acknowledge and agree that I am entering into a legally binding agreement with Sacred Heart Mission in connection with my volunteer work. I agree to comply with the following terms and conditions:
2 CONFIDENTIALITY I agree that I will maintain at all times the confidentiality of all privileged or proprietary information to which I am exposed while participating as a volunteer with Sacred Heart Mission, whether this information involves a client, staff member, or other person or involves the overall business of Sacred Heart Mission.
3 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
3.1 I acknowledge and agree that all right(s), title and interest in and to (including all copyright and other intellectual property rights in) any documents or other material that I create, develop or modify while volunteering (“Volunteering IP”) will vest in and be owned by Sacred Heart Mission with effect of the date of creation, development or modification.
3.2 I assign to Sacred Heart Mission all right(s), title and interest in and to (including all copyright and other intellectual property rights in) the Volunteering IP that I may otherwise have with effect from the date that such Volunteering IP is created, developed or modified.
3.3 To the extent that I am entitled to assert any moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) in any Volunteering IP, I:
(1) consent to any acts or omissions by Sacred Heart Mission, its licensees, successors in title and authorised persons that infringe my moral rights in any Volunteering IP, including not naming me as the author of a work, naming another person as the author of a work and/or amending or modifying (whether by changing, adding to or deleting/removing) any part of a work; and
(2) expressly agree not to enforce any such moral rights that I may have, either presently or in the future, in any Volunteering IP or in connection with work or material produced by me while volunteering at Sacred Heart Mission.
4 VOLUNTEER WORK
I understand that the work I do is voluntary and must be in accordance with Sacred Heart Mission’s policies, volunteer guidelines and relevant legislation – including equal employment opportunity (EEO), Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S), Internet Usage and Privacy. In signing this agreement, I will abide by the standard of behaviour set out in Sacred Heart Mission’s policies and procedures.
5 OTHER MATTERS
5.1 The law of the State of Victoria, Australia governs this agreement. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria and of the Commonwealth of Australia.
5.2 By ticking the ‘I Agree’ box below, I:
(1) consent to the use of this electronic method to meet any legal signing requirements and to signify my acceptance of and agreement to the terms and conditions of this agreement;
(2) agree that this method is sufficiently reliable and appropriate for the purpose of the electronic signature of this agreement; and
(3) acknowledge and agree to the use of the contact details and email address that I provided above as the method to identify me and to receive any notices related to this agreement.